Sunday, October 29, 2006

Get a job via Ebay

Unemployed newbie blogger Al Murray (see pic) got in touch with BBC Radio Five about his new scheme to get work: "I have started my own blog, al4hire.com", Al says, "Rather fed up with applying for jobs I am auctioning myself on ebay to work for anyone anywhere next week. I am writing about my experiences on my blog al4hire.com, I am currently half way towards the minimum wage at £102 for next week. If this is a success I plan to do this every week until I get a good job offer."Al says he won't do anything dangerous or illegal - but that still leaves plenty of scope for the bizarre, the embarassing or the just plain boring- so I think Al is a brave man.

Still it's not a bad plan for someone whose previous career was in online marketing. I suspect this will get quite a bit of press.